Tuesday, July 25, 2006

And so it begins...

The term has ended. S had a half-day to end school, and that's it for weeks!

Now I must find ways of entertaining the two of them and preventing them from biting each other's legs off, with no respite except bed-time.

I've got a few things in mind: there's a local animal centre, Gran wants to take us on a steam engine trip, plus beaches, parks, swimming, and I'm hoping to take them on a boat trip. I shall have to work out a budget for all this, of course.

S has some activity days I've signed her up for as well, at least one a week, so it won't really be all on me. The council are providing these opportunities, so they're only a quid. Bargain! :D I hope she likes them, anyway.

We started off the summer holidays today with a picnic in the park, which was very pleasant. We ate in the shade of a horse-chestnut tree, and both children sat and ate nicely. After they were full, they went haring off across the grass. Well, S hared and T staggered.

Later we went to the play area, and T found he could climb up the ladder to the slide. At first he slid with his sister, and then he went alone for the first time! He loved it, and the perennial Teletubby cry of "Again, again" was heard across the land. We were there ages and it was fun. I would have liked to sit in the shade, but the slide was the wrong side of the playground for such luxuries. My shoulders have acquired a charming red hue, for as ever, having slopped on the sun cream and slapped on hats for the kids, I completely forgot about having skin myself. 8)

No comments: