Thursday, August 03, 2006

The energiser bunny child

Yesterday T was in excellent form. In the morning he managed to turn on the 'sticky keys' function on the computer, which had me perplexed as I didn't know it existed. The first I knew was discovering a strange icon on my start bar (if that's what the bar of the bottom of the screen is, can't think of another word for it). I had to look it up on the internet, to remove it. :D

S had a tennis taster as her holiday activity, and while she was bashing about with her racquet, T was leading me a merry dance by pegging it at every opportunity. He was in and out of the clubhouse, round the back of the clubhouse, tottering on the top of the steps down to the tennis court, skirting round a bramble patch, on the edge of guttering: generally skedaddling to the most unfortunate and potentially dangerous locations.

At least it kept me busy. 8)

S had been invited to the ten-pin bowling party of M's older sister. I had driven M because her parents had a car-ful of their older daughter's friends. I decided to stay for the party as it takes too long to get home and back: I would have possibly managed to get home in time to set off to pick them up again. :D Anyway, T was feeling great and demonstrating his speed walk. He set off across the lanes, with me in hot pursuit, headed for the machines, dodged around the food bar, hurtled towards where some building work was being done and the barriers were set so that small children could squeeze between or simply walk straight under. Countless times I would scoop him up and take him back to our point of origin, and while the bowling might occasionally hold his interest enough for him to try to peer down the machine where the balls come popping up, (making me hover over him so that he wouldn't put his head low enough to get knocked out or put his hands in so his fingers would get squished), it would only keep him from marching off for a minute at most.

I found it rather hectic. :D

S did quite well in her bowling with M, winning the second game. She was definitely getting better. She enjoyed it all so much, she burst into tears when she realised there was no more bowling. Which was embarrassing.

Kids, eh? :D



Ah, what shall we do today?

No comments: