Friday, August 11, 2006

The wuss and the tooth fairy

My little girl lost a front tooth today.

It had been wobbly for ages, giving her a slight gap to one side of her tooth. But the actual loss was a bit dramatic as she was playing under a chair and M hauled her out in playful fashion, but unfortunately there must have been a bit too much of the rough in rough-housing: she knocked her tooth and there was blood! Eek!

So that was yukky. I am hopeless with blood, especially that of my children. It was a good job M was there, as the tooth was still hanging by a thread, and he removed it. I don't think I could have: we would have ended up at the nurse or dentist.

I am absolutely hopeless. :( What happens if one of them has a serious accident, will I just go to pieces then? I suppose I was looking after her alright and would have got her to medical attention had she needed it (I know it's only a tooth!).

I feel quite queasy and light-headed just writing this.

But S is happy, the tooth fairy will be coming tonight. :)

1 comment:

Mephitis said...

You're right, of course. :) I was just so churned up afterwards, it was ridiculous. It took me most of the day to start feeling normal again! Daft bat, that I am.

But I suppose when I think about it, I've done plenty of hospital stays with the kids: it's only afterwards I fall to pieces. :D