Saturday, September 23, 2006

Reading record

It struck me that although I've been trying to keep a record of the books I've read on this blog (and a few thoughts on them if I feel the need), it isn't working as I hoped in keeping track of what I've read.

So I thought I'd put the ones listed on my library record of loans for the past six months (or at least the ones I actually read) into one post (which will be this one), and keep adding to it. I'll still write a separate post on any books that I have anything to say about, but this one's going to be my reference sheet, as it were, and where I've written anything about it more than "I read this yesterday :)" I'll link back to the post.

Sounds like a plan.

2006
(I read more than the list below, only blogging them intermittently and starting to do so part-way through the year).
The Devil's Feather / Minette Walters
Disordered Minds / Minette Walters
Fox Evil / Minette Walters
A Young Man's Passage / Julian Clary
Fragile Things / Neil Gaiman
Cloud Atlas / David Mitchell
Acid Row / Minette Walters
The Shape of Snakes / Minette Walters
Morality for Beautiful girls / Alexander McCall Smith
S is for Silence / Sue Grafton
WinterSmith / Terry Pratchett
How Mumbo Jumbo Conquered the World / Francis Wheen
Oracle night / Paul Auster
The Brooklyn Follies / Paul Auster
Dorian : an imitation / Will Self
Agatha Raisin and the potted gardener / M.C. Beaton
A darkness more than night / Michael Connelly
Memoirs of a geisha/ Arthur Golden
City of bones / Michael Connelly
The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency / Alexander McCall Smith
The wombat strategy : a Kylie Kendall mystery / Claire McNab
Eczema : practical and easy-to-follow advice . - Shaftesbury
Your child : allergies : practical and easy-to-follow advice . - Shaftesbury
Chasing the dime / Michael Connelly
The other Boleyn girl / Philippa Gregory
Tears of the giraffe / Alexander McCall Smith
The Da Vinci code : a novel / Dan Brown
The closers / Michael Connelly
The 2 1/2 pillars of wisdom / Alexander McCall Smith
The girl who married a lion / Alexander McCall Smith
The Queen's fool / Philippa Gregory
The time traveler's wife : a novel / Audrey Niffenegger
The Asti Spumante code : a parody/ Toby Clements
The narrows / Michael Connelly
The Lincoln lawyer / Michael Connelly
Lost light / Michael Connelly
The black angel / John Connolly
My Sister's Keeper / Jodi Piccoult
Six impossible things before breakfast : the evolutionary origins of belief ./ Lewis Wolpert
The contortionist's handbook / Craig Clevenger
The case for faith / Lee Strobel
Unnatural selection / Tim Lebbon
Compulsion / Keith Ablow
Agatha Raisin and the murderous marriage / M.C. Beaton
R is for ricochet / Sue Grafton
Between planets / Robert A. Heinlein
Father unknown / Lesley Pearse
Talk To the Hand / Lynne Truss
The full cupboard of life / Alexander McCall Smith
Krakatoa : the day the world exploded, 27 August 1883 / Simon Winchester
Johnny and the dead / Terry Pratchett
A petlove guide to Cockatiels / David Alderton
Kren of the Mitchegai / Leo Frankowski
The story of God / Robert Winston
Agatha Raisin and the vicious vet/ M C Beaton
The Serial Killer's Diet Book / Kevin Postupack
The birthday of the world / Ursula le Guin
Tears of the cheetah : and other tales from the genetic frontier / Stephen J O’Brien
Secret Smile / Nicci French

No comments: