Thursday, August 16, 2007

Something Mel didn't need to share

I wussed out on M's choice of DVD last night: it was Mel Gibson's Apocalypto. I watched so far, and then I just pegged it upstairs to embrace the solo joys of computer gaming.

Eurgh, that film! It was the baby held upside down by the leg that did for me. That's an image I could have happily lived without. I really didn't expect to have such a reaction to the film, but it was a stomach-churner. It was all over for me then, and I'm glad I only saw that much and on a small screen, as the human sacrificing hadn't even begun at that point.

It's going to take a lot before I'll suffer anything Mel Gibson again. Bleurgh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello missus, Abster here!

I would feel the same way about such a film. I hate films that even put ideas into your head, even if it's not blood and guts, like I remember some spy film with a view of a family on a train and the next scene was the train exploding in a terror attack. It just put me off my mince. I'm back from my holiday now and have chucked out about 7 big bags of children's toys - I feel so virtuous!!! Email me?