Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Reading Record 2011

My sixth year of recording my book consumption online! Previous lists: 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006.

I didn't succeed in my A to Z challenge. I blame L Ron Hubbard (although I was going to be pushed to make it, in fairness) as I started reading Battlefield Earth, the first third of which was a breeze to read and the next part dragged. I was hoping it'd get better but stopped reading altogether for a while. I didn't give up on it but it took a while until I was ready for the final push through. It slowed me right up. But I am going to continue until I get to Z, as trying a new author on a randomish basis has thrown up some interesting books.

January

U is for Undertow / Sue Grafton
Agatha Raisin and the Walkers of Dembley / MC Beaton

March

Sorrows of an American / Siri Hustvedt
Bad Ideas / Robert Winston
The Attack / Jasmina Khadra

April

Rolling Stones / Robert A Heinlein
M is for Malice / Sue Grafton
Dynamite Kid / Brian Blessed
Year of the Flood / Margaret Atwood

May

Xenogenesis: Adulthood Rites / Octavia Butler
The Lake of Darkness / Ruth Rendell
The Five People You Meet in Heaven / Mitch Albom

June

Waiting / Hai Jin

July

The Thing Around Your Neck / Paul Stewart and Chris Riddell

September

The Greatest Show on Earth / Richard Dawkins
Port Mortuary / Patrica Cornwell

October

Good Omens / Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman

November

Dave Gorman vs the Rest of the World / Dave Gorman
Snuff / Terry Pratchett

No comments: