Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Blogging and delusion

Well y'know, the photo a day thing hasn't gone so well already - but meh. It's something I will continue with, even though the goal is failed already.

But then if I can't fail self-imposed goals without guilt, what can I fail? It's funny: I was actually tempted to pretend I took some photos and put them up, but who do I think I'm fooling? I write this blog for myself, when I write it - and I guess up until I forget what I did, which I might never, I'd know I was cheating. Weird that it would even cross my mind.

On the subject of writing this blog - it's 10 years old. That's amazing. Posting has been light at times, and tends to be heavier at the beginning of years.... hmmm, I wonder why that could be?!

On the subject of writing other blogs, today I looked back at one I wrote for a few months in 2012. It's interesting to me, because I have been thinking about why I ended my marriage and writing a post about it - and this blog was one I wrote when we were going through another major upheaval. It's good to see I'm not fooling myself in rewriting history to make him out to be bad or something - things were truly bad at times. I'm far from perfect, but yeah, I think more sinned against than sinning.

But I would think that.

It's also curious to see how conventional my set of relationship tools is/was. My mind has been opened to the notions of polyamory and things like this since. Scoff if you will. It went so well in my marriage... But I am currently in a rather happy situation in a V type arrangement. But y'know, check back with me in a while and see if it all goes to hell in a handbasket.

For now, however, I am mostly happy and it's always good to stop and appreciate when you are.

No comments: